St.Edward's NS is committed to building a creative partnership with parents and other adults in the Forthill/Ballytivnan community so that parents, children and the wider community see our school as a supportive, significant and relevant agent in their lives. Through our Home School Community Liaison Service we offer the following;
* Home visits from our Home School Community Liaison Co-ordinator, Máire Hunt.
* An open door policy towards parents in the school.
* Educational opportunities for parents on courses provided free of charge.
* Consultation with parents on all school policies.
* The formation of the Ballytivnan Community Education Group to access funding for community development and educational programmes for adults.
Since November 2000, the St.Edward's Home School Community Education Service has worked with the Clúid Housing agency and a group of parents from St.Edward's NS to form the Ballytivnan Community Education Group. This group has as its aim to provide educational opportunities for adults in the new public housing estates of Ballytivnan and to integrate the new residents of the area with the people of the older estates in Forthill. The Ballytivnan Community Education Group was able to provide computer courses for parents from St.Edward's NS in the new "state of the art" computer room in the Sligo Education Centre. The funding for the courses was provided by the Department of Social, Community and Family Affairs.